Christmas Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 thin slices fully cooked ham, halved
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Flatten chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness; layer each with one piece of ham and one piece of cheese. Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and paprika. In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter. Add broth and parsley. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove toothpicks. Place rice on a serving platter; top with chicken and keep warm. Combine soup and sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Chicken Cordon Bleu(10)
Sort By :
This recipe is very good. I made it with turkey ham as I don't eat pork. I also used stock vs. broth, which I think gave the sauce a better flavor. I liked the recipe overall, but think it would be easier baked, instead of cooking for 60 minutes, stirring every so often. What temperature you bake it at who reviewed it below?
Great recipe! so delicious
Wonderful and very easy, too. I baked covered for the same amount of time and froze them for convenient meal at a later time.
My husband and guests thought it was delicious. I would only make 1/2 the gravy next time.
We LOVED it! I added chicken broth to the sauce to thin it out a little and make more. We love gravy and this was a nice extra to the chicken and delicious.