Christmas Cherry Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 10 to 13 drops red food coloring, optional
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the pineapple, cherries and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add gelatin powder; stir until dissolved. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cool until partially set.
- 2. Stir in bananas and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 417 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Cherry Pie
"This was delicious! I would actually make this any time of year because it has a tropical flavor to it!"