- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 10 to 13 drops red food coloring, optional
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping
- Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the pineapple, cherries and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add gelatin powder; stir until dissolved. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cool until partially set.
- Stir in bananas and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Cherry Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p49
Reviews for Christmas Cherry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2010
"This was delicious! I would actually make this any time of year because it has a tropical flavor to it!"