Christmas Cheesecake Recipe
With a cheery cherry topping and mint green garnish, this is the perfect dessert to top off a holiday dinner.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 15 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine gelatin and water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in gelatin mixture and lemon peel. Chill until partially set.
- 4. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Spread pie filling over gelatin layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate left-overs. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 295 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC