Christmas Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 15 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine gelatin and water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in gelatin mixture and lemon peel. Chill until partially set.
- 4. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Spread pie filling over gelatin layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate left-overs. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 295 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Christmas Cheesecake
"I made this for Christmas dessert... I used Chocalate baking crumbs instead of Graham Cracker crumbs, bought them by accident and decided to just go with it- don't think I would go that route again, just didn't work out very well... I think the amount of the gelatin in the recipe needs to be doubled as the cheesecake part got very runny at room temperature and pretty much as soon as I took the cake out of the springform... Everyone liked it, but being the "baker" of this dish and a little more critical I think some improvements on the consistency could help this dish out a bit."
"Excellent! My grandkids love it!"