With a cheery cherry topping and mint green garnish, this is the perfect dessert to top off a holiday dinner.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine gelatin and water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in gelatin mixture and lemon peel. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Spread pie filling over gelatin layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate left-overs. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p41
Reviews for Christmas Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review