Christmas at our house just wouldn't be complete without these rich cheese balls. Friends and family ask for them every year-and I can make three gifts from just one recipe. —Margie Cadwell, Eastman, Georgia
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh parsley, chopped pecans and paprika
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in the pecans, milk, olives, garlic and salt. Divide into thirds; roll each into a ball.
- Roll one ball in parsley and one in nuts. Sprinkle one with paprika. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cheese balls.
Originally published as Christmas Cheese Balls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p31
Reviews for Christmas Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review