Christmas Casserole Cookies
The batter for these specialty cookies is baked and then formed into balls. When my son-in-law and grandson are coming for a visit, I'm always sure to have these cookies on hand.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in extracts. Stir in the dates, coconut and walnuts. Pour into
- an ungreased deep 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven; stir with a
- wooden spoon (batter will appear moist and sticky). Place baking
- dish on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, roll batter into
- 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar; place on waxed paper-lined baking
- sheets. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.