- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in extracts. Stir in the dates, coconut and walnuts. Pour into an ungreased deep 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven; stir with a wooden spoon (batter will appear moist and sticky). Place baking dish on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, roll batter into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forChristmas Casserole Cookies
"great recipe - easy - flexible - rolled them in red and green sugar"