Christmas Casserole Cookies Recipe
The batter for these specialty cookies is baked and then formed into balls. When my son-in-law and grandson are coming for a visit, I'm always sure to have these cookies on hand.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in extracts. Stir in the dates, coconut and walnuts. Pour into an ungreased deep 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven; stir with a wooden spoon (batter will appear moist and sticky). Place baking dish on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, roll batter into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Casserole Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p67
Reviews for Christmas Casserole Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2011
great recipe - easy - flexible - rolled them in red and green sugar