Christmas Carol Ham
This slow-cooked entree is tender and delicious with regular or turkey ham. "My family loves this dish," writes Julie Williquette of Hartselle, Alabama. "Simmered in pineapple juice, the ham slices are so flavorful."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 pounds fully cooked boneless ham, cut into eight slices
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham slices in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar and mustard; pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 177 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,182 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer