This slow-cooked entree is tender and delicious with regular or turkey ham. "My family loves this dish," writes Julie Williquette of Hartselle, Alabama. "Simmered in pineapple juice, the ham slices are so flavorful."
- 2 pounds fully cooked boneless ham, cut into eight slices
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham slices in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar and mustard; pour over ham. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Carol Ham in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p14
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Christmas Carol Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review