Christmas Candy Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 package (8 ounces) mini red and green M&M's or Heath baking bits
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Additional granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, sugars and oil until blended. Beat in extract and eggs, one at a time. Whisk together flours, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in candy and almonds. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets 2 in. apart; flatten with bottom of a glass. Bake until light golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
2 each: 184 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Candy Cookies
"These are fabulous! I only had regular M&Ms & they still turned out great! Good, firm, flavorful cookies."
"these cookie are so delicious! My family loved them for x mas"