These delightful cookies hold up well in care packages I send to friends and relatives. They're also the first to go at potlucks when people come back to the table for one more sweet treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) mini red and green M&M's or Heath baking bits
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Combine flours, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and candy. Chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a flat-bottomed glass. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Candy Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p27
Reviews for Christmas Candy Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2009
"These are fabulous! I only had regular M&Ms & they still turned out great! Good, firm, flavorful cookies."
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2009
"these cookie are so delicious! My family loved them for x mas"