"During my childhood, my family lived in Brazil, where we relished these special treats," recalls Laura Beth Dean of Christiansburg,Virgina. Roll the caramel-like bites in nuts or sprinkles.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Finely chopped pistachios
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring the cocoa, milk and butter to a
- boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Roll
- into 1-in. balls; roll in pistachios. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 51 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.