"During my childhood, my family lived in Brazil, where we relished these special treats," recalls Laura Beth Dean of Christiansburg,Virgina. Roll the caramel-like bites in nuts or sprinkles.
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Finely chopped pistachios
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring the cocoa, milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until thickened.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in pistachios. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Candies in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p6
Reviews for Christmas Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2011
"I rolled them in chopped pecans instead of pistachios. This gave them a slight maple flavor. Tasted like fudge. Delicious!!"
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2008