Christmas Bubble Ring
Family and friends will think you fussed when they catch sight of this impressive bread. But frozen dough gives this round loaf a quick and easy start.
—Carolyn Stafford, Stratton, Ontario
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and
- stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool. Cut dough into
- 1-in. pieces. Spread a fourth of the syrup mixture over the bottom
- of a greased 10-in. tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the pecans and
- cherries and a third of the dough. Repeat layers once. Top with half
- of the remaining syrup and remaining dough; drizzle with remaining
- syrup. Cover with greased plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Remove plastic
- wrap. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes. Immediately invert bread
- onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.