Christmas Brunch Casserole
No one leaves the table hungry when I serve this savory casserole. In fact, folks rave about it! What I like as much as the taste is that I can prepare it ahead of time.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Layer with the rice, cereal and cheddar cheese. In a
- bowl, beat the eggs, soup and milk. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.