No one leaves the table hungry when I serve this savory casserole. In fact, folks rave about it! What I like as much as the taste is that I can prepare it ahead of time.
Recommended: 24 Low-Carb Christmas Recipes
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the rice, cereal and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, soup and milk. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Brunch Casserole in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p12
Reviews for Christmas Brunch Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2011
"A great change for a family reunion breakfast or for serving at home...if you reduce the recipe for 4 or 6 people!"