No one leaves the table hungry when I serve this savory casserole. In fact, folks rave about it! What I like as much as the taste is that I can prepare it ahead of time.
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the rice, cereal and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, soup and milk. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Brunch Casserole in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Christmas Brunch Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2011
"A great change for a family reunion breakfast or for serving at home...if you reduce the recipe for 4 or 6 people!"