Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the bread cubes and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Christmas Breakfast Casserole(14)
Sort By :
I make this for Christmas breakfast nearly every year, and we all like it. Homemade bread makes it much better! I substitute ham for bacon.
I make this for Christmas brunch every year and my family loves it. I followed Joand4's 9/29/2010 suggestion to increase the ingredients by 50%. That fits perfectly in a 9x13 dish. I used a 14 oz. loaf of Italian bread and left the crusts on for texture. I let the bread cubes air dry a little while I prepared the other ingredients, to make sure the dish wouldn't be soggy. It wasn't. I think I'll try it with plain soy milk next time just to see how that turns out.
So easy to make, I used precooked bacon to save time, and I also used fat free milk. Everyone loved this Christmas morning. Will definately make this again
We thought this was pretty tasty. I used ham instead of bacon and it turned out well.
Thanks for the recipe!
This has become a Christmas breakfast tradition. I also make it for Easter breakfast at Church.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >