- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup halved red and green candied cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the chocolate chips, raisins, pecans and candies cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Bishop's Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p20
Reviews for Christmas Bishop's Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review