This bread is a pretty addition to the table during the holidays. Cherries, walnuts and chocolate chips give fast festive flair to the loaf of moist banana bread. —Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat in bananas just until combined. Stir in the walnuts, chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Christmas Banana Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p62
Reviews for Christmas Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review