Christmas Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat in bananas just until combined. Stir in the walnuts, chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Christmas Banana Bread(8)
Sort By :
Make it all the time. Everyone loves it, and requests it.
I have made this banana bread for many years; since I first saw it on TasteofHome. At Christmas I use the cherries; rest of the year I substitute golden raisens or apricots. I is a family favorite.
love this recipe.. I do put 1 tsp vanilla in it. and i use the mini chips
This bread was not what I expected...just a bit blah. Plus, I baked it for 70 minutes and it was definitely a bit too browned. Bummer!
This recipe is so moist and so easy to make. The girls at work have even requested that I make it for our gatherings.