Christmas Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat in bananas just until combined. Stir in the walnuts, chocolate chips and cherries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 235 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Christmas Banana Bread
"Make it all the time. Everyone loves it, and requests it."
"I have made this banana bread for many years; since I first saw it on TasteofHome. At Christmas I use the cherries; rest of the year I substitute golden raisens or apricots. I is a family favorite."
"love this recipe.. I do put 1 tsp vanilla in it. and i use the mini chips"
"This bread was not what I expected...just a bit blah. Plus, I baked it for 70 minutes and it was definitely a bit too browned. Bummer!~ Theresa"
"This recipe is so moist and so easy to make. The girls at work have even requested that I make it for our gatherings."
"My grandmother gave me this recipe but called it fruit bread. We make it and bake it in small loaves. It is good to give away as a gift."
"This is my favorite banana bread recipe! It is a wonderful symphony of flavors! Too good just to make at Christmas time!!!"
"My family loves this recipe. This is the only banana bread that they will eat. I buy extra bananas so I can make this delicious treat."