- time. Add salt and lemon peel. Stir in the yeast mixture and
- enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Knead until smooth and
- elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place the dough in a greased bowl and
- cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; knead in raisins, nuts and fruit. Divide into two
- parts; roll each into a 15-in. x 8-in. oval. Fold each in half
- lengthwise and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with melted
- butter. Cover and allow loaves to rise until almost doubled in
- bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on
- wire racks. Combine all glaze ingredients; brush on tops of cooled
- loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 303 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.