Chow Mein with Chicken Recipe
"This basic recipe can be expanded in many ways, but it's quite a success by itself," reports Roberta Fall of Paw Paw, Michigan. "Sometimes I add sliced water chestnuts for extra crunch or a green vegetable for a burst of color."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a bowl, combine soups and milk. Stir in chicken. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes; stir. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and noodles are crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chow Mein Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p14
Reviews for Chow Mein with Chicken(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2013
My family really likes this served over rice. Without the chow mein noodles it's an easy version of chicken and rice.
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
It was pretty salty and didn't keep well for leftovers because of the chow mein noodles.