This recipe is a delicious variation on standard tuna salad. Served over a bed of crunchy chow mein noodles, this creamy tuna salad makes a quick yet memorable supper.—Marilyn A. Coomer, Louisville, Kentucky
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 jars (2 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- Place tuna in a large bowl; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cashews, onions, pimientos, green pepper, sour cream, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over tuna and toss to coat. Serve with chow mein noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chow Mein Tuna Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chow Mein Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review