- 3 cans (12 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 jars (2 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- Place tuna in a large bowl; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cashews, onions, pimientos, green pepper, sour cream, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over tuna and toss to coat. Serve with chow mein noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chow Mein Tuna Salad
Sort By :
"I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the nutrition facts: 804 calories, 69 g fat, 1,112 mg sodium. Yikes! I thought it tasted great when a family member made this recipe, and I had planned to make it myself. But now I know that I need to revamp things! I will start by using albacore tuna in the packets, reduced-fat mayo, fat-free sour cream, no added salt, and only a sprinkling of the cashews and the chow mein noodles. I want a very similar taste...if only I can achieve it!"