Chow Mein Chicken
Whenever I get the craving for Chinese food, I look no further than my own kitchen! This easy-to-make entree is ready in a matter of minutes.—Debbie Franzen, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in
- soup, broth and soy sauce. Add the chicken and mushrooms; heat
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with chow mein
- noodles and cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 578 calories, 36 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,283 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.