Chow Mein Chicken Salad Recipe
I shake up the dressing for this popular asian salad the day before and refrigerate it until I'm ready to toss the mixture. Flaked tuna or crab meat are good alternatives for the chicken in this recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, chow mein noodles, chicken, onions, almonds and sesame seeds.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 266 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC