I shake up the dressing for this popular asian salad the day before and refrigerate it until I'm ready to toss the mixture. Flaked tuna or crab meat are good alternatives for the chicken in this recipe.
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, chow mein noodles, chicken, onions, almonds and sesame seeds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chow Mein Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p43
Reviews for Chow Mein Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review