Whenever I get the craving for Chinese food, I look no further than my own kitchen! This easy-to-make entree is ready in a matter of minutes.—Debbie Franzen, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, broth and soy sauce. Add the chicken and mushrooms; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chow Mein Chicken in Country Woman May/June 1999, p35
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chow Mein Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2011
"Very easy and delicious! However, I did not bake it with the chow mein noodles or cashews on top. I served them on the side."