Whenever I get the craving for Chinese food, I look no further than my own kitchen! This easy-to-make entree is ready in a matter of minutes.—Debbie Franzen, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 33 Fast Food Copycat Recipes
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup salted cashew halves
- In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, broth and soy sauce. Add the chicken and mushrooms; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chow Mein Chicken in Country Woman May/June 1999, p35
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chow Mein Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review