Chorizo-Stuffed Turkey Breast with Mexican Grits Recipe
This recipe features a wonderful combination of well-seasoned ingredients. It’s also a simple dinner option for a busy evening.—Veronica Gantley, Norfolk, Virginia
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cover turkey with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic. Spread chorizo over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string.
- 2. Rub with oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown turkey on all sides. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk and remaining salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chilies, cheese and remaining pepper. Serve grits with turkey. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 499 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 1086mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 51g protein.
Reviews for Chorizo-Stuffed Turkey Breast with Mexican Grits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC