- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cover turkey with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic. Spread chorizo over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string.
- Rub with oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown turkey on all sides. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk and remaining salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chilies, cheese and remaining pepper. Serve grits with turkey. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chorizo-Stuffed Turkey Breast with Mexican Grits in Country Woman October/November 2009, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chorizo-Stuffed Turkey Breast with Mexican Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >