- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage or flavor of your choice, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a nonstick Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute the corn, onion and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, sherry, bay leaves, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Cool slightly. In a food processor, process soup in batches until blended. Return all to pan. Stir in sausage and cream; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese, red pepper and green onions. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Chorizo Sausage Corn Chowder in Taste of Home Soups 2014, p88
Reviews for Chorizo Sausage Corn Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review