Chorizo Salsa Omelet
Just a few ingredients jazz up a basic omelet and make it delish! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk
- the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon chorizo and
- salsa on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a
- plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet equals 588 calories, 48 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 727 mg cholesterol, 1,568 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.