I’m a busy student, and this spicy-sweet pasta makes a perfect quick dinner. Even better, it works on a bigger scale to feed a bunch of friends. —Christine Yang, Syracuse, New York
Recommended: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; reduce heat to medium-low. Add pumpkin, cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Toss with pasta and enough pasta water to moisten; stir in cheese. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chorizo Pumpkin Pasta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chorizo Pumpkin Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2016
"Very good! My son gobbled it right up! Easy and quick. Thanks for the recipe!"