I’m a busy student, and this spicy-sweet pasta makes a perfect quick dinner. Even better, it works on a bigger scale to feed a bunch of friends. —Christine Yang, Syracuse, New York
Recommended: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; reduce heat to medium-low. Add pumpkin, cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Toss with pasta and enough pasta water to moisten; stir in cheese. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chorizo Pumpkin Pasta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016