Chorizo sausage adds even more zip to jalapeno popper snacks bursting with cheese. Guests are glad to see them at my parties throughout the year.—Daniel Brock, Sarasota, Florida
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook chorizo and onion
- over medium heat until meat is fully cooked and onion is tender;
- drain. Place in a small bowl; add the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff mixture into pepper halves, a scant tablespoonful in each.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled pepper half equals 54 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.