- 24 jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook chorizo and onion over medium heat until meat is fully cooked and onion is tender; drain. Place in a small bowl; add the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff mixture into pepper halves, a scant tablespoonful in each. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chorizo Poppers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p28
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chorizo Poppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2016
"Perfectly spiced. I used cheddar cheese because it was all I had on hand and they were still really good."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2014
"Very Very GOOD!"