Chorizo Poppers Recipe
Chorizo sausage adds even more zip to jalapeno popper snacks bursting with cheese. Guests are glad to see them at my parties throughout the year.Daniel Brock, Sarasota, Florida
- 24 jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
- In a small skillet, cook chorizo and onion over medium heat until meat is fully cooked and onion is tender; drain. Place in a small bowl; add the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff mixture into pepper halves, a scant tablespoonful in each. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chorizo Poppers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chorizo Poppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >