Chorizo Date Rumaki
"I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who got it from her chef brother," shares Miriam Hershberger from Holmesville, Ohio. "It is delicious, and it always disappears quickly."
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon
- 4 ounces uncooked chorizo or spicy Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 32 pitted dates
- Cut each bacon strip in half. In a large skillet, cook bacon in
- batches over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Remove to paper towels; drain drippings. Crumble chorizo into the
- same skillet; cook and stir until fully cooked. Drain. Stir in cream
- Carefully cut a slit in the center of each date; fill with cream
- cheese mixture. Wrap a piece of bacon around each stuffed date;
- secure with toothpicks. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 32
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.