Chorizo Date Rumaki Recipe
"I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who got it from her chef brother," shares Miriam Hershberger from Holmesville, Ohio. "It is delicious, and it always disappears quickly."
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon
- 4 ounces uncooked chorizo or spicy bulk pork sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 32 pitted dates
- 1. Cut each bacon strip in half. In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain drippings. Crumble chorizo into the same skillet; cook and stir until fully cooked. Drain. Stir in cream cheese.
- 2. Carefully cut a slit in the center of each date; fill with cream cheese mixture. Wrap a piece of bacon around each stuffed date; secure with toothpicks. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 each: 69 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chorizo Date Rumaki
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC