Chorizo Date Rumaki Recipe
"I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who got it from her chef brother," shares Miriam Hershberger from Holmesville, Ohio. "It is delicious, and it always disappears quickly."
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon
- 4 ounces uncooked chorizo or spicy bulk pork sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 32 pitted dates
- Cut each bacon strip in half. In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain drippings. Crumble chorizo into the same skillet; cook and stir until fully cooked. Drain. Stir in cream cheese.
- Carefully cut a slit in the center of each date; fill with cream cheese mixture. Wrap a piece of bacon around each stuffed date; secure with toothpicks. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Chorizo Date Rumaki in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p17
Reviews for Chorizo Date Rumaki(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >