Guests will wipe the bowl clean when you set out this spicy cheese dip from our Test Kitchen. Serve it with tortilla chips or even vegetable dippers.
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) white Mexican dipping cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked. Drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in cayenne and chorizo; heat through.
- Heat cheese according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Chorizo Cheese Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p223
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chorizo Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2011
"I live in AZ and nobody , but nobody knows what " mexican dipping cheese is ""