I'm always on the hunt for fast and filling meals. Chicken sausage makes an awesome one-dish dinner by itself or served with brown rice in a burrito. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked jalapeno or chorizo chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion to same skillet; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn and sausage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in rice and spinach; cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chorizo Burrito Bowls in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chorizo Burrito Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review