Chorizo Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/3 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried black beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups guacamole
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup jalapeno-stuffed olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; add onion and taco seasoning. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Spread the beans into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with the meat mixture, cheese, salsa and ripe olives. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Spread guacamole over the top. Combine the green onions, sour cream and cilantro; spread over guacamole. Sprinkle with stuffed olives. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 48 servings (1/4 cup each).
1/4 cup equals 78 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chorizo Bean Dip
"Best layered Mexican style dip ever! Everyone loved it. I lined each Fiesta Flat with a little bit of shredded lettuce and left out the jalapeno-stuffed olives (couldn't find at grocery store)and it was still was delicious. The recipe is a keeper."
"Great to have during the football game."
"this recipe also reminds me of the 7 layer dip which calls for beans, avocado or guacamole, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, sliced black olives, shredded cheese and sour cream. layer in any order you like and you can sub or add any addl items. eat with tortilla chips. yum"
"yes this is the chorizo they are talking about. chorizo beans are also excellent for making botanas too"
"Want to try this recipe. Live in South Texas. Chorizo here is in a casing and is usually taken out of casing, browned to remove all grease, drained and added to eggs to make chorizo taquitos, Is this the same "chorizo" you speak of ?"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.