Chorizo Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/3 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried black beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups guacamole
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup jalapeno-stuffed olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; add onion and taco seasoning. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Spread the beans into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the meat mixture, cheese, salsa and ripe olives. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Spread guacamole over the top. Combine the green onions, sour cream and cilantro; spread over guacamole. Sprinkle with stuffed olives. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 48 servings.
1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 78 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.