Chorizo Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/3 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried black beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups guacamole
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup jalapeno-stuffed olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; add onion and taco seasoning. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread the beans into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the meat mixture, cheese, salsa and ripe olives. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread guacamole over the top. Combine the green onions, sour cream and cilantro; spread over guacamole. Sprinkle with stuffed olives. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 48 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chorizo Bean Dip(4)
Sort By :
Great to have during the football game.
this recipe also reminds me of the 7 layer dip which calls for beans, avocado or guacamole, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, sliced black olives, shredded cheese and sour cream. layer in any order you like and you can sub or add any addl items. eat with tortilla chips. yum
yes this is the chorizo they are talking about. chorizo beans are also excellent for making botanas too
Want to try this recipe. Live in South Texas. Chorizo here is in a casing and is usually taken out of casing, browned to remove all grease, drained and added to eggs to make chorizo taquitos, Is this the same "chorizo" you speak of ?
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Dip >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >