Chops with Sauerkraut Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick, about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.