Tender pork chops are topped with crumbled bacon, sauerkraut and applesauce in this down-home dish from Phyllis Hastie of Salem, Oregon. "My family wouldn't eat sauerkraut until they sampled this flavorful bake," she relates.
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick, about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pepper to taste
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chops with Sauerkraut in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chops with Sauerkraut
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review