For a completely different taste, Marge simmers the chops in a creamy sauce she makes with a can of cream of potato soup. Served with noodles, it's a satisfying meal for two.
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
- 2 cooked bone-in pork loin chops (1 to 1-1/4 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- Thaw pork chops if frozen. Place in a skillet; sprinkle with garlic salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Spread soup over chops.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chops with Potato Gravy in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chops with Potato Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2012
"Great recipe for two. So many recipes are for 4-6. Now I make them reserving the remaining chops in the freezer for this recipe. Fast and down home good!"