Chops with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients, reserve 3 tablespoons. Add pork chops, one at a time; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chops in butter until golden brown; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms until tender. Stir in reserved flour mixture; gradually add milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chops with Mushroom Gravy(9)
Sort By :
Adults liked it, kids not so much. Didn't have much flavour hot out of the oven, tasted better the next day as left overs:) Really went well with mashed potatoes, and I prefer red over green peppers. I enjoyed making this meal and will make it again.
Love this recipe. Made it several times, so quick & easy. Also used fresh mushrooms which I sauteed with pepper & onions.
For those that found the gravy bland, try putting a little celery salt while making the gravy. It's good for any pork roast or pork chop gravy. Just a dash or to taste to bring out the flavor. Just adding regular celery doesn't do it...It has to be celery salt. Good luck!
This recipe smelled so good when sauteeing the chops. It turned out way to bland for my liking. I used fresh mushrooms thinking that would give it a better flavor, but I am one who likes ROBUST flavor not bland nearly flavorless... sorry just not a favorite for anyone in our family...
The gravy looks beautiful because of the paprika, but I found it to be bland. (I didn't use fresh lemon juice, which might be the reason.) To fix it, I simply added seasoned salt to taste, basil, and two tablespoons of white wine. Like the other reviewers, I used fresh baby bella mushrooms. It's a great way to make pork chops.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Gravy Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >