Chops with Mixed Fruit Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 8 pitted dried plums
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash dried marjoram
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork chops over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery for 3 minutes. Stir in the plums, pineapple, apricots, 1/3 cup water, soy sauce and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Return pork to the pan. Stir in remaining water; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-11 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 232 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Chops with Mixed Fruit
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.