Chops With Fruit Stuffing
"The aroma that fills the house as this pork dish simmers if fabulous," writes Suzanne Reyes of Tustin, California. "All you need to complete the meal is a green vegetable and maybe a loaf of bread. It's impressive enough for company," she adds.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) herb stuffing mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. In a large
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Place half of the stuffing mixture in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with
- pork and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3
- hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 435 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot