Chops With Fruit Stuffing Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) herb stuffing mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Place half of the stuffing mixture in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 435 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Chops With Fruit Stuffing
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.