Chops With Fruit Stuffing Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) herb stuffing mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Place half of the stuffing mixture in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chops With Fruit Stuffing
Sort By :
Didn't think the flavor was good considering all of the ingredients. The pork was dry.
Unfortunately my new crockpot was just too hot, even on low, so the stuffing burned a bit and the pork chops were dry. The flavors were still good, so I'll just make some adjustments next time. I'll use about half the dried cherries and give them a quick chop. I'll also add some more broth and bake it covered in the oven.
This is my all time favorite slow cooker recipe. The stuffing is fabulous and the pork so tender. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!! 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!!
This stuffing is sooo good! I like to make it with chicken.
These are delicious!! Best stuffing ever! Will definitely make this again!!